Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In Need

I have been thinking lately....I am in need of a vacation. Not just a weekend trip to someplace close, but an actual vacation, for a week, away from everything! I am craving to just be together with Matt without the distractions of everyday life. I would love the opportunity to just go lay on the beach somewhere and relax. It is funny how you have all the time in the world while you are in college to take a vacation, but you don't have the money. Now, I have the money, but I don't have all the time in the world. Why does it always work out like that? Maybe, we can do something in the fall. Currently, I think I only have 2 days of vacation built up. 2 days = nothing. That leaves me one day, if I want something for reserve!! Like ONE MEASLY day of vacation is much of an "in case of emergency" fund. I've worked here for a year now, and apparently, they are VERY STINGY with the amount of vacation they give you. I didn't realize this when I accepted this position. Over this past year, I have probably taken 5 days total. Not much. A day for Thanksgiving, a few days for Christmas (some of which were un-paid), a couple of days to visit my sister in Philadelphia, and one day when my sisters came to visit me. And, I am still only left with 16 hours. How awful. If I take a vacation in the fall, I won't have time for Christmas or Thanksgiving. I mean, I don't mind taking the time un-paid, but my boss has issues with it.



In the mean time, I may just start researching vacation destinations...

1 comments:

Merideth July 16, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

FIND. A. NEW. JOB. PRONTO!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP