Friday, December 30, 2011

A Look Back

I'm blogging. This must be the shocker of 2011. I wish I did this more. Moving on...can anybody else believe that 2012 is 2 days away? TWO.

2011 - This has been probably the busiest year of all. I am sure this is directly related to the fact that I now have a 15 month old. It has been a busy and full year, but definitely the most fun and exciting! A year ago, we were heading out to a NYE party with some friends, and Grayson was only three months old. THREE MONTHS OLD. What a little baby. I miss those baby snuggles. Now, he is constantly on the move...and only stops occasionally for a hug and kiss (those times melt my heart --it's like he is trying to tell me he loves me, even though he can't say it yet. He stops playing with his toys and walks across the room just to hug me and lay his head on my shoulder). When he doesn't do that...I swoop him up and force him to hug me. Good thing I am still bigger than him. I hope he always stops what he is doing for a hug from his mama.

February - We had a record snow storm. I think we had somewhere close to 18 inches of snow. It was a doozy. During that same time, my Grandma passed away. It was a sad time, but many of us gathered together to celebrate her life. She lived a long, full life! Also, Matt went on a ski trip to Colorado with a bunch of his friends! I never heard too much about that trip. I guess what happens in Colorado, stays in Colorado (when you are there with your boys).

March - I got really into "couponing" this month. I even taught a small class with my friend, Sarah. Well, I don't even know if I would call it a class...we just told our friends about it. I should probably start that back up again. I saved a lot of money...but it takes so much time and energy. I got burned out on it (after a month - goes to show you how much time and energy...or how lazy I am). I think this coupon-kick lasted about a month. I started buying things I didn't need because it was "a good deal"...and Matt would notice things in our cabinets like benefiber. Yes, benefiber. It was a good deal...so I bought it. He would say...really!?! benefiber?!!!!! I would say: I saved A LOT OF MONEY. Back up off. Then, I woke up one day. And, I saw what he saw. And, I realized...this was crazy. I can't buy things we don't use just because "it's a good deal". Then, I started going way over the top...like not buying toilet paper when we absolutely NEEDED toilet paper...because...well....I didn't have a coupon. We would have "toilet paper rationing" conversations. It was getting baddd, my friends. I gave it up. It was best for our marriage, and my sanity.

April - We enrolled Grayson in a 6 - week swim class through our local YMCA. It was called aquababies. He had a blast! We did it with our great friends, the Mylers. They have a little girl who is a few months older than Grayson. I would like to enroll him again this winter. It was a fun, family, activity.

May - My sister graduated with honors from the dental hygiene program at UMKC. She is a GREAT dental hygienist. In fact, she just cleaned my teeth last month. She comes highly recommended. Also, this month, my great friend, Andrea, got married out in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I was in her beautiful wedding! It was a great weekend. We had fun with friends, but we also were able to do some hiking as a family. It was perfection. Great little family vacation and wedding weekend wrapped into one!

June - This marks Matt's 10 year class reunion from high school. He skipped it. He planned a crazy bachelor weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, instead. He was the best man...so he took it upon himself to plan something over-the-top fun. Again, I don't have many details on that one, either. My older sister, Lisa, flew in for a week of fun! We went on a float trip (the 2 of us), and did lots of eating and talking. She loved up on G baby before she had to fly back home. Also...my friend Katie flew in from Miami for a short weekend visit on the farm! We did some horseback riding and lots of catching up. It was great!

July - Matt's older brother, Justin, and his family came to visit...they are also living in Miami. They were hear over 4th of July. We went spelunking in a cave. We didn't find much...in fact, I think we only saw one bat. We were loud. It was dark. Never a good mix when you are looking for things. Matt's best friend was married this month up in Iowa. ROAD TRIP...again!

August - Family vacation MONTH. Grayson and I got to spend a bunch of time with my parents up in Montana. Matt joined us a little bit later, and we headed up to Canada with some friends of ours. They have 3 boys. We had a BLAST! We toured the Banff/Canadian Rockies/Jasper area. We did a bunch of hiking and camping up there. I should have blogged about this trip. It was amazing. It deserved at least one blog post. After a week in Canada, we went back down to Montana to spend another week with my family. It was an unforgettable trip. Oh, not to mention...I turned 26 this month. Movin' on up.

September - Grayson's FIRST birthday! We had a birthday bash for him! My parents flew in from Montana, and Matt's family joined us from Jefferson City. Julie, Chaz, and Brian came from Kansas City. Also, a bunch of our friends and their kids were able to come over for the fun! Grayson took his first steps this month!! It's only the beginning....

October - We hosted the 3rd annual bonfire/hayride here at the farm! It is always so much fun!! We had a chili cook-off and we grilled burgers, and had a big bonfire! It is a blast for people of all ages. Also...Matt turned 29 this month. I married an old man.

November - This was a relatively quiet month for us! I attended a great women's conference at our church. You know who made a guest appearance? Only the Duggar family. All 21 of them.

December - We made it!!!! Lots of preparations for the holidays! Gift buying, gift wrapping, gift giving...always so much fun!

Anddd...that's a wrap! Busy year!! Much to look forward to in 2012!!!

1 comments:

Sara December 31, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

So fun to hear about your year! Was great to see you this summer and if I ever make it to Missouri I think I'll plan it around your bonfire/hayride event - sounds like fun! Wishes of good health and wonderful-ness to you all for 2012!! KEEP UP THE BLOG! I LOVE IT!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP