Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a favorite...

I love blueberry pancakes...I mean, I LOVE them. The nice thing is...summer is in full swing, which means, FRESH BLUEBERRIES! We have been visiting the farmer's market a couple of days a week to load up on fresh fruits and veggies. We always come home with fresh blueberries and peaches. These two items are always at the top of the list. This morning I made some of Grayson's favorite oatmeal pancakes.



This recipe sounds a little strange on paper, but Grayson loves them. It is now one of his favorite breakfast foods--he can't get enough of them!

Ingredients

1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 c. cottage cheese
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 c. fresh blueberries (I am sure you can use frozen, just thaw them first)

Directions

In a blender or food processor, combine oats, cottage cheese, eggs, and vanilla. Blend or pulse until smooth. Gently stir in blueberries. Coat skillet or griddle with cooking spray, and spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake onto your cooking surface. Cook about 5 minutes per side or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook for 3-5 minutes more, or until golden.

Notes

These pancakes are not your typical fluffy pancakes. They are pretty dense, so try to keep them on the smaller side (about 3 inches in diameter). This recipe freezes really easily, so I generally make several batches at once, cool them, and then seal them in freezer bags. They have great flavor on their own and do not need a topping. If your little one insists on a topping, try plain or vanilla Greek yogurt!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP