On the home front
It has been a busy few weeks! First things first, we refinanced our house! I know that is probably not exciting for you, but we are thrilled! We were able to lock in a point and a half lower interest rate, so it just made sense for us to do it! It will significantly lower our monthly payment, which is nice, but it will also allow us to pay more each month to the principal! That is always a good thing. We were both really happy about that. Also, it didn't cost us a dime in closing cost, appraisal cost, or anything else. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. And, we were able to keep all of the equity we have built up over the years. Matt negotiated back and forth for probably a month before we got things on our terms! Thank goodness I have a little fighter on my hands...I would have probably given up weeks ago! If you have the chance to re-finance, you should definitely look into it.
In other news, we are re-doing our driveway. We have a gravel driveway off of the main road. It really needed some attention. It is a half of a mile long, and it was starting to get some big pot holes in it. When it rained, it was becoming a muddy mess. It was no fun at all. We hired a crew to come in and smooth it out, add more gravel, and make it brand new again! I hear all of the machines outside working now. It is a good feeling.
Lots of things are happening here at our home, and we couldn't be more excited! Ha...I never thought in my whole life that a new gravel driveway and a curtain/french drain would make me excited, but it does!
I'll be back soon with more on what has been going on with us!
4 comments:
you guys are so grown up!! :)
so many exciting changes!! congrats!!
Wow! It will feel like a whole new place. It is the little things in life that seem to make the biggest differences. I completely understand. Today, the company is coming to move some stuff out of our apartment so I can unpack. It is going to put a HUGE smile on my face. After a month of being here, I can finally unpack! Enjoy your new changes to your home.
Job news yet?
Wow! I want to be just like you when I grow up :)
Post a Comment