Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Fun

Matt and I had a great weekend together! It was full of fun and excitement. It included a trip to Silverdollar City and a Springfield Cardinals baseball game.

Saturday we took a little road trip down to Branson, Missouri, to go to Silverdollar City. Matt and I affectionately call it Spendyourdollar City. That place is expensive. Luckily, Matt's parents are season ticket holders, so we were able to get in for $10.00 a piece. I think it is normally $50.00 per person!! Yikes!! We had a great day there. It was hot, but overall a great time. We can't go anywhere without something exciting happening. I will say that a 40 year old lady did try to physically fight Matt. It was ridiculous. The short version of the story: It was deaf awareness day at the park. Matt and I were standing it line quietly discussing the terminology of one who cannot speak. We thought it was dumb....apparently that is not the politically correct term. For your knowledge, it is deaf-mute. This lady behind us overheard us, took offense, started to verbally fight Matt about it. He apologized. She tried to physically fight him. I laughed. We both turned back around in line and faced forward. Matt said: "Welcome to the Ozarks." Other than that minor incident, we had a great day in the park! After we played at Silverdollar City, we walked around the Branson landing and did a little shopping.


This picture was taken somewhere along the way.


Sunday morning we went to church before some of our friends from Jefferson City came down for a visit. Matt's best friend was singing the National Anthem at the Springfield Cardinal's (farm team for the St. Louis Cardinals) game that night. Before the game on Sunday we did a little shopping and ate at cute ice cream parlor! We arrived at the game about an hour early. At the game they had a whole bunch of free games set-up right outside of the stadium. This would be Matt testing out his throw. I think his fastest throw was 67 miles per hour. He was a little disappointed...but I told him he had good form! :)

The girls hanging out watching the boys compete for the fastest throw! Me, Leann, and Katie (I was hot and sweaty...so please ignore my bangs sticking to my head in random pieces!)

Matt and me inside the stadium!

Overall, it was a fabulous weekend! It was so fun to catch up with old friends and enjoy a great baseball game! Next weekend we will be in St. Louis with some friends watching the big boys play! I am excited for that game! I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend! Did you do anything fun and exciting?

4 comments:

Merideth August 11, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

1. of course you're hot & sweaty you freak! you're in 2 layers & jeans! dork.

2. where on earth did you get that ring that you're wearing on your right hand? i think i like it & might have to steal it.

3. you are soooo gorg! :) I'M JELLY! (aka...the new jeal jeal)

Anonymous August 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Have a great time in St. Louis. When I was a kid, I knew all the players, their stats, etc. I would go to sleep with Harry Carey calling the game--through a portable "transitor" radio under my pillow. Great memories! (and then came free agency..)
Joann P.

southern girl August 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Just found your blog through Natalie's! Look forward to reading more!

Sweet Simplicity August 18, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

You need to stop at the outlets next time. I wish I lived closer to an outlet mall!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP